If you are looking to experience some spectacular Texan hospitality, head on down to Fredericksburg, Texas, in the heart of Texas Hill Country. Our town is steeped in its German heritage and remains a popular tourist destination year after year! Let’s explore the wonderful center of action that is Main Street.
A Quality Shopping Paradise
Main Street has over 100 boutiques, shops, and art galleries for you to explore. Shopping brings so many people back to Fredericksburg annually! All Main Street shops are locally owned and operated, as chain and franchise stores are not allowed in the National Historic District (which includes Main Street). Every store is like a unique present—you never know what you’ll get when you open the door. Our shop owners call Fredericksburg home and will happily help you!
Wide sidewalks make for an accessible journey. You can partake in some window shopping or go in and chat it up with the store employees. We recommend taking a look inside of the eccentric businesses lining Main Street. Note: this is not an exhaustive list, merely a sneak peek.
- Amish Market: a wide selection of quality Amish-made furniture pieces
- Das Peach Haus: find some delicious jellies, jams, and other peach goods.
- Der Küchen Laden: the store for all the chefs in our families
- Dogologie: premier shop for your furry friends
- FarmHaus Antiques: your place to find one-of-a-kind curated home goods
- Liebeskind: a quaint children’s boutique
More than Just Shopping
This historic Fredericksburg street is home to more than just stores. You will find two museums, a dozen restaurants, wine tasting rooms, and more! You can escape the sun and let the little ones rest by booking a ride on the Fredericksburg City Trolley with a local tour guide. They travel from one end of town to the other, passing and telling the history of local attractions. You will pass by:
- Fort Martin Scott
- Main Street
- National Museum of the Pacific War
- Pioneer Museum
- St. Mary’s Catholic Church
It is a fun way to learn about the historical importance of Main Street and its buildings.
The Fredericksburg Convention and Visitor Bureau has some quick tips for you as you plan your Main Street visit:
- Most shops close around 5 p.m. so make sure you plan accordingly
- Public restrooms are located at Pioneer Museum, Marktplatz, the visitor center
- Main Street parking goes fast! Try parking at Visitor’s Information Center for free
Stay near Main Street
And finally, you need a good place to stay! We recommend you pick Peach Tree Inn & Suites. Our amazing, family-owned and operated accommodations are conveniently located just a few blocks from historic Main Street. We offer seven different lodging options, all equipped with modern amenities. Call us at 830-997-2117 or book your stay with us today!